What is a Community Governor? Your governor appoints a government of his or her peers to plan fun events for the community, purchase new items for the community office, and advocates for residential needs to the University and outside organizations.
Meet the Candidates!
1. Offer “Marshmallows with Michelle” every month so that residents can voice concerns they may have have regarding our community
2. Ensure there are volunteer opportunities for our community and ways to further academic success through Group Me Study Groups that will allow close-proximity study buddies!
3. Form a sense of community through Movie Nights and super fun parties (i.e. Throwback Olymoics, Human Hungry Hippos!)
1. Co-Chair of NC American Heart Association Youth Council
2. Vice-President and Event Planner for Friends Club
3. Youth Empowered Solutions (YES!) staff Member
1. Fix every dorm up with a nice fridge, toaster and TV.
2. Increase your level of comfort with the community by cutting prices for laundry and increasing the variety of sports equipment.
3. Helping everyone have fun and meet new people while securing our place as the best community on Campus by winning the Community Cup
1. Captain of my Soccer Team
2. Founded a Club that fostered an interest in Science for Elementary Schools
3. Run Cognarya Tutoring Services
1. Create a welcoming and inclusive community in which residents can get to know one another and have fun
2. Plan events that residents actually want: weekly food nights (quesadillas, pancakes, tacos), community sport tournaments, movie nights, community t-shirts
3. Listen to what residents want to see in regards to community-wide improvements and use funds to carry out these requests
1. HoJo CoGo floor representative
2. RHA Summer Programming member
3. Various leadership roles in high school Student Government, Interact, Green Team, and National Honor Society
1. Free food
2. Lots of fun
3. An inclusive community
1. I worked as a camp counselor over the summer.
2. I attended the NC Outward Bound Leadership Development in the summer of 2015.
Want to get involved with Community Government? Kasia will be appointing positions such as Parker Lt. Governor, Treasurer, Secretary, and many more! Check out rha.unc.edu/cogo for more information!