RHA’s Community Cup Competition
What is the Community Cup?
The RHA Community Cup is a year-long competition between the Residence Hall Communities to encourage fun programs, community service, and active engagement in the University environment. Communities earn points based on certain criteria – available here – and the community earning the most points will be presented with the Community Cup at the end of the year at the RHA Banquet!
Here are the point guidelines: Community Cup Guidelines 2015-2016
Past Winning Communities
- 2017- Manning West
- 2016 – Connor Community
- 2015 – Connor Community
- 2014 – Craige Community
- 2013 – Ehringhaus Community
How can you help your community win?
Want to help your community win eternal glory? There are many ways you can help your residence hall earn points to stay ahead in the competition.
- Attend one of our Board of Governors meetings – we meet Tuesdays at 7:30 pm in Union Room 3201. Dress is business casual, and the meetings are always student lead. Stop by, learn about what RHA is doing to improve life on campus, and earn 15 points for your community just by attending!
- Join your Community Government – help your community’s government plan awesome events, service drives, and green initiatives to earn community points. Contact your Community Governor here for more information on how to join!
- Attend RHA Community Events – Communities receive bonuses for attendance at events put on by their Community Governments. It is the easiest way to enjoy great activities while also helping your community earn extra points! Sign up on the RHA text list here to be notified only when there are free programs in your community.
- Help Design your Community T-Shirt – Lastly, community governments receive points for creating great spirit items, like T-shirts or sunglasses, for their residents. Pitch an idea to your Community Governor to help foster creativity!
Community Point standings are updated weekly on RHA’s website, with the top 5 communities being displayed on the homepage.