Join Community Government!
Looking for a fun way to serve your community?
Your Community Government is the easiest way to meet new people, have fun, and give back to the community right where you live. Plan fun programs, help manage your community’s budget, and decide what new items to purchase for check out in the community. RHA is the 3rd largest student organization on campus and a great way to leave your HeelPrint at Carolina!
Want to run for Governor? Learn more here.
The following positions are also available on Community Government. Apply here!
- Serve as a member of RHA’s Programming Committee to represent the community in large programming decisions
- Fill out program reports after community events to receive Community Cup points
- Serve as the Governor in the Governor’s absence
- Attend 1-on-1’s with the community RAM (Resident Advsior Mentor) and RHA Internal Affairs Officer
- Keep track of attendance/take minutes at all community government meetings
- Manage community government’s listserv
- Attend 1-on-1’s with the RHA Administrative Coordinator
- Help manage social media along with the Marketing Manager
- Manage and keep track of the monthly community budget
- Become familiar with the Student Activity Funds Office (SAFO)
- Maintain a sense of fiscal responsibility in the community government
- Attend 1-on-1’s with the RHA Treasurer
- Design publicity for community events
- Maintain an active presence on social media
- Attend 1-on-1’s with the RHA External Affairs Officer
- Create community T-shirts/other fun items
- Manage community’s budget for enhancements (items available to check out in community office)
- Help maintain an inventory of enhancements available in community
- Attend 1-on-1’s with the RHA Chief Enhancements Officer
- Purchase a large enhancement item (pool table, new water fountain, etc) in the fall semester
- Maintain an environmental focus in the planning of community events
- Help organize recycling drives, composting, or assist with the Tar Heel Bikes program (where applicable)
- Attend 1-on-1’s with RHA Director of Special Projects
- Coordinate with other organizations on campus, such as Green Games
- Attend weekly discussions with other Social Justice Advocates and faculty members from DHRE in addition to weekly CoGo meetings.
- Collaborate with campus partners and in the community for programming, training and resource purposes.
- Facilitate a minimum of 1 training for CoGo members and 1 program for residents by April.
Other positions may be available in each specific community, such as Floor Reps, Athletic Directors, or Outreach Managers. To find out what specific positions are available in your community, check out your specific community’s applications.
Apply for Community Government